April 13, 2012

Cherry blossoms

I was so determined to finish this little craft project before we are off on a week vacation. I took advantage of having a  day off from my gardening chores and just focusing on getting it done.  It all started with this  link (sightseeing event, new Tokyo style hanami) that my sweet cousin posted on her facebook page. Breathtaking scenery. We talked about how amazing it would be if we could go "hanami" together. 
The word Hanami means flower viewing. It's the Japanese traditional custom of enjoying the beauty of flowers, especially cherry blossoms
I was inspired by the beauty and  felt a sudden need to create the atmosphere in my home.
Here is my version of cherry blossoms. A very simple craft, using basically white and pink crepe papers and some bare branches from my garden. It's not perfect but it's pretty enough to my eyes.


I was trying to figure out the best place to display it. Maybe here on my little table.




Or perhaps on my console table.





It just feels much better on my coffee table.






I wish everyone a beautiful weekend.
Linking with:-






  




spread the joy


Photobucket



7 comments:

  1. Those cherry blossoms look great on the console table. I was just about to go into my garden to photograph cherry blossoms... wish you're here, we could hanami together!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Muna,
    Thanks. I wish I was there too. I can't imagine how lush and beautiful your garden is. Don't forget to share the photos. Have a great weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cherry blossoms are gorgeous! I love this time of year in the garden. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very pretty! Lovely pictures as well. Thank you for the visit and sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse. It means the world. Wishing you a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I visited your blog today - I saw you on 'Thistle Creek Cottage.' These pink flowers are so pretty on here. You have so many wonderful pictures. Me and my daughters started a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. Your blog is filled with beauty and simplicity. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh that is what we are making for my daughter's graduation party. She wanted a Japanese theme. We are making some right now. They are lovely. Have a wonderful time on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Wishing you all a wonderful day.