April 01, 2010

Garden Art

What have I been doing lately? I've been busy with the kids and things that I need to settle before we go on vacation. Today is the last day for the kids then the school will be closed for Easter Holidays.
Here's a little update on my garden room project..happy to say that it's almost complete. I just need to rearrange things and bring in some of my plants. Will finish it up right after I come back from the holiday.
After 2 weeks of waiting, my first batch of pressed flowers were completely dry. I spent the whole afternoon yesterday having fun creating pressed flowers pictures. I had a wonderful time creating something beautiful from the garden knowing that it would be enjoyed even after the blooming season has ended. I got so caught up, didn't realise the time passed so quickly.
It's really surprised me that there are so many things we can create out of these beautiful flowers. Here are some photos that I would like to share..

Photobucket
After 2 weeks, the flowers are completely dry.

Photobucket
Far right is my fav. Flowers in a basket made of crepe papers. These pressed flowers pictures will be framed and hung in my garden room.

Photobucket
Happy holidays everyone...

6 comments:

  1. kak suffia, they are gorgeous!!! i wonder if i can do the same with leaves..haha..rumah i kan banyak daun aje...hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, thnx..apa2 daun & little flowers boleh guna, daun maple lagi cantik, kat sini tak de, press dlm buku tebal for a week or more..cubalah..it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful!:-)

    the garden room is the perfect place to hang them!:-)

    great job!:-)

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebekah, thnks for the nice words. Looking forward to experimenting more :-)

    Suffia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Lobelia...
    Tonight we're in the 20's...and then they are promising a real warm-up...
    SOOOOOOOooooo looking forward to nicer weather.

    Your pressed flowers and previous posts are very inspiring...
    Have a great week,
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, thnks..the weather here is getting warmer, my lobelia will not survive the heat. How I wish they could stay a bit longer..
    Hope you all enjoy the nice weather :-)

    Suffia

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Wishing you all a wonderful day.