November 02, 2011

Stop and smell the roses

Something happened last Saturday. Something that has never happened to me before. It wasn't bad or anything.  I bought myself a bunch of roses. I just felt like treating myself with some beautiful roses, out of the blue.  Seriously, the thought of buying myself flowers never really occurred to me.( I usually get fresh cut flowers from my own garden when it's flowering season). The one thing that  held me back was the "should I, or shouldn't I" kind of feeling. But this time I just went for it.  I'm glad I did,  I think I should do this more often.  It really did lift up my spirit.♥♥♥


This has always been my favorite spot in the house to cozy up and read. Just a perfect place for my roses.


 RK Redoute Roses Mug, coffee pot and a fresh pink rose. Care to join me?


It feels like it was only yesterday I brought  back a bunch of these beautiful roses home. It has been 4 days now, and they are just as fresh as the day I brought them home. Pink and white roses, gorgeous and dreamy. The house smells beautiful.





Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Linking with:-

11 comments:

  1. So glad you stopped to smell the roses for YOURSELF. Trust me, you DESERVE IT!

    Thanks for this post, you've made me smile today :D

    Visiting from Bunny Jean's BUNNY HOP Wed. Linky party,
    Smiles, Suzanne in NW IL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look great in your home, and I'm sure they smell just as wonderful! I'm so glad you went for it instead of listening to that "Shouldn't I" feeling. It's good to be nice to yourself every once in a while! Thank you for reminding us to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful tea set! Thank you for joining the Home Sweet Home party!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were lucky to get such beautiful roses that also smell good! Most hybrid roses don't have any smell, that's one reason I like to buy lilies ;)

    Thanks for sharing at my Bunny Hop.

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi and nice to meet you! I recognize your Roy Kirham English bone china set...I love their designs. Thanks for visiting!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suffia,
    I can smell your beautiful roses here in Portugal!
    And the china is superb!
    Thanks so much for your comment in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made the decision to treat yourself to the roses. You deserve whatever brings joy to your life.

    Visiting from the Bunny Hop Party, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi: This is a favorite pattern of mine. I own the tea cup and the little round tea pot. Yours are beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just came buy to let you know that this post was featured at my Bunny Hop Party this week!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you bought those roses. They are gorgeous! Also, I love your teapot set...Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Wishing you all a wonderful day.