January 25, 2010

What's blooming Part 2

Musim bunga in Doha is almost come to an end. It seems like yesterday I posted an entry on how excited I was to start gardening. The saying ' time flies when you're having fun' is indeed true.

I did some weeding, pruning and removing the withered flowers from the plant to encourage new growth and new blooms. I still have some new flowers blooming. I snapped some photos this morning and would like to share them here.

Photobucket
Cosmos in shades of pink and white with ferny leaves and graceful flowers. This is one of my favorite flowers.

Photobucket
Daisies

Photobucket
I'm not sure the name of that yellow flowers (berbunga setahun sekali), the lovely jasmine and ornamental grass, bunga lalang tu pun orang tanam kat sini.


Photobucket
Roses in full bloom and striped petunias.


Photobucket
Hibiscus, bougainvillea and nasturtium.


Photobucket
Periwinkle, easy to grow and bloom throughout the year, perfect for hot and dry areas and requires little attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Wishing you all a wonderful day.